January 7, 7pm, Board Meeting
January 11, 10am – noon, Coffee Hour, Join us for a cup of coffee or tea, a sweet or two and good conversation. Suitable for all ages!
January 14, 7:00 pm, Tech Night, or a chance to learn how to use your technology tools. Do you need to know how to organize your files, modify your photos, download eBooks to a new reader, or how to write a letter? Bring your questions and your computer / tools, and we’ll help you find the right path to easier computing.
January 15, 1:15 pm, Tuesday Theatre presents a movie based on the book Push by Sapphire. In 1987 Harlem, 16-year-old Claireece “Precious” Jones (portrayed by Gabourey Sidibe) is pregnant with her second child at the hands of her father. The school principal transfers Precious to an alternative school, where finally Precious begins to see there may be an alternative path for her. The movie won both Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Mo’nique) and Best Writing, Adopted Screenplay for Geoffrey Fletcher’s adoption of the the book. Rated R.
January 17, 7:00 pm, Readers’ Delight, discussing The Code of the Woosters by PG Wodehouse. Contact the library if you would like to borrow a copy.
January 18, 9:00 am, Preschool Story Time, stories, crafts and activities for the young and their parents.
January 18, 10am – noon, Coffee Hour
Every year, in December, the book discussion group, Readers’ Delight, gathers to recommend books that they would give as gifts. Here is this year’s list of suggestions.
- Sacred Earth by Martin Gray
- Little, Big by John Crowley
- *The Map and the Territory by Michel Houellebecq
- *Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Wine Bible by Karen McNeil
- The Swerve by Stephan Greenblatt
- The Highland Witch by Susan Fletcher
- NW by Zadie Smith
- *Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
- Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem
- Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov
- *The Spare Room by Jenny Land
- Cold Midnight by Beth Kanell
- *Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- *Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Phillipp Sendker
- The Janissary Tree by Jason Goodwin
- Lords of the Horizon by Jason Goodwin
- *Thunder Birds by Jim Arnosky
* indicates that Peacham Library has (or will have shortly) a copy