March 16, 12noon, Friends of Peacham Library – Help the Friends plan events in support of the library.
March 17, 10am, Libri Grant Presentation — The library received a Books for Children Grant from the Libri Foundation. Readers from the community will share a few of the stories as the books are presented to the children of the community as they become part of our permanent collection. Children and adults may then check out a book for the usual three weeks. All the Libri Grant books are included in the list of new items added in February.
March 17, 1:15 pm, Tuesday Theatre – Cary Grant stars in “Arsenic and Old Lace,” a movie about a drama critic (Grant) who learns on his wedding day that his beloved maiden aunts are homicidal maniacs who kill bachelors with laced elderberry wine and then bury them in the basement. Priscilla Lane and Peter Lorre also star in Frank Capra’s spin on the classic Joseph Kesselring stage comedy.
March 20, 10am-noon, Coffee Hour – join us for a cup of coffee or tea, a sweet or two and good conversation. Suitable for all ages!
March 21, Geek the Library Kickoff Event and Family Day at the Library – Tentative schedule
- 9:30 am, Story Time – Stories and activities for the young at heart.
- 10:30 – noon, Sugar on Snow – drop by for a taste this season’s sweet syrup with all the fixings!
1:00 – 4:00pm – What Do You Geek? – Whatever you geek, the library supports you! Drop in to learn more, share what you geek, or try your hand at different activities. Prizes will be part of the afternoon!
- Learn to solder – select either a Terror-Min (a mini Theremin!) or Weevil-Eye. Sign up is required, and there will be a $10 charge.
- Meet a Euro-games expert and learn a new game
- Learn to play Go
- Make a ply-split braid
- See the renovation plans and hear about our new education center
- Knit a small animal.
- 4:00 – 9:00 pm – Games at the library – bring your favorite games or play one of ours
- 6:00pm – Potluck dinner – bring your favorite dish to share as we transition from family to adult games.
March 23, 6:30, Peacham Knitters — Bring your knitting or other handwork for an evening of creativity and chatting.
March 26 26, 7:00pm, Readers’ Delight – The group will discuss Curtain by Agatha Christie. Contact the library if you would like to borrow a copy of the book.
March 27, 10am-noon, Coffee Hour – join us for a cup of coffee or tea, a sweet or two and good conversation. Suitable for all ages!
March 31, 7pm, Jan Reynolds Talk — Potential topics of the talk include world cultures, cycle of rice and environmental sustainability or the Everest Grand Circle. Let the library know what you’d like to hear! Meet Jan Reynolds, photo journalist and world record-breaking skier and climber. Find out more about Jan at her website — http://janreynolds.com/index.html.