Peacham Library is closed to all staff and patrons per Governor Scott’s order of March 24, 2020. We will remain closed at least until the end of the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” directive, which is slated to expire on 5/15/20.
Once the order is lifted, the trustees and director will consult with the Peacham Emergency Response Team about the best time and procedure for re-opening to the public.
Our wi-fi is available 24/7 and accessible outside all around the building.
And don’t forget to wash your hands!
- The due date for all circulated materials has been extended until we re-open. Please do not return any outstanding books or other items to the library until then.
- If you need reading materials, please consider using the Libby or Overdrive apps, the download service for ebooks and audiobooks. Information about downloading books can be found on our ListenUp Vermont page. Do not hesitate to email us or call 802.592.3216 (we are monitoring the phone messages and will get back to you in a day or two.)
- We have added books to the site that are only available to Peacham patrons. These items are either available immediately of have much shorter waitlists. Are you on a waitlist now? Don’t see a title that you would like to borrow? Contact us and we will try to help!
We regret that we cannot stay open to provide “personal” services to our community members. However, we will provide the following to help make the prescribed closing easier:
1. Zoom hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 am – 12 noon, staff will be available via a ZOOM connection. You don’t need a reason to stop in virtually and say hi – we miss seeing everyone! You can also ask questions about ListenUp or any of our new online serves. Don’t have a library card? You can talk to us about that (For your privacy, we will ask for your personal details offline and after the meeting.) On Mondays there will be a preview of any new books or movies we may be adding to the collection. On Fridays, bring your cup of coffee and show off what you have baked – even though we can’t share! There is a call in option, for those without a computer. It is a long distance call, but the library will be happy to reimburse you.
2. Materials for delivery: We have received the okay from the Peacham Emergency Response Team that we may now deliver materials to those Peacham residents who request them. No interlibrary loan requests can be filled at this time. We will fill requests once per week. We are delivering so that you do not need to leave your home for a non-essential errand. Those without internet access will be given first priority. Contact us by phone: 802.592.3216 or email.
Please contact us if you need log in information!
We have purchased additional digital offerings available on Libby, the app for audiobooks and ebooks for use with your library card.
We have also been given free access to TumbleBooks, TumbleBook Library takes existing picture books, adding animation, sound, music and narration to produce an electronic picture book. You can read it, or have it read to you.
We have added Kanopy , a video-streaming service that provides thoughtful entertainment to your preferred device. Everyone from film scholars to casual viewers will discover remarkable and enriching films, documentaries, instructional videos, and more.
4. Library Cards: For those living in Peacham who do not have a library card, we will make cards available remotely. Please call or email to request a card. This will allow you to access all digital materials as well as request print materials and DVDs from the library’s actual collection.
5. Circulation: All circulated materials will automatically renew so no need to call or go online to update your checked-out items.
6. Ask Us!: Please be in touch with any questions or concerns you may have. The library building may be closed but we are still open as a community resource.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate this crisis together.